Saturday, December 27, 2008

Shoes and art

I am starting to feel insane. I am shoe obsessed and trolling the internet for the shoe in my minds eye which I'm thinking doesn't exist. The most awesomist of shoes I just saw is only in toddler sizes. Dark brown suede with bright red faux fur trim.

This reminds me of something I was thinking about tonight while the girls were in the bath with some bath crayons they got for Christmas. I was watching these naturally born muralists, (and trying not to freak out about the grout because the bath crayons DO stain the grout "Don't color on the lines! Only in the squares!") What I was wondering is this: is everyone born an artist? That is painting things with a very broad brush- but a lot of kids are artistic, they all have art supplies. When does it stop? This is a bite off more than I can chew question, that I will have to revisit.

My kids are so artistic it freaks me out. H is going to need her own studio soon, and has already taken up one of my flat file drawers, and that after serious guilt ridden editing. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, a drawer, but they are very big drawers. I am admittedly stingy with them. S is right there with the 1,000 masterpieces a day- I can't give up 2 drawers. I won't!

J said, on the way home from my mom's house on Christmas, after we had loaded up the car with a giant tool box full of craft supplies- "Why isn't anyone giving them medical books?"

****
Just walked into the living room, where S is sitting on the couch with her monkey, her 2 kitties AND the 'hard' kitty with the tiara. It was cute at first, this collecting. At what point is it hording? Should I be worried?

No comments: