Saturday, December 20, 2008

Calling it as she sees it


This is the getup H wore to meeting last week.
The fact that the shirt is too small is the least of it, but its what I thought was my strongest argument to get her to change "But H! This shirt is size 3! You are 4, much much older than 3. Maybe you'd like to wear this size 4 shirt that makes you look so tall" Nope- she'd have none of it. The whole outfit was built around the shirt, I should have known not to choose the shirt as my ensemble changing strategy. I pick my battles, and I don't care what H wears, for the most part- and yes there is a large part of my non-conformist self that swells with pride at her fashion sense. But to go to meeting, I argued with her. Until, that is, she looked me square in the eye and said "Mom. I'm beautiful." We got in the car.

1 comment:

Left of Ordinary said...

I love H's fashion combinations and I love that you can let her do her thing. She IS beautiful.

Your blog rocks. :)