Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The un-clean

I have stepped in a lot of crap in my life, but never the poop from a human in my own house. Evidently, the poop fell out of the diaper on to the floor while I was changing S this morning, and I stepped in it.

I proceeded to walk around thinking I was cleaning the house, while in reality I was just canvassing the whole upstairs with shit.

I kept thinking, wow, that diaper really smelled. That smell sure does carry. Maybe the smell comes through the vents, I thought.

It took Mayo, my urban pointer, to finally alert me to the crap all over my shoe and the house. He was following me around even more than usual and had his nose glued to my shoe. I didn't think this was abnormal, and in itself it really isn't. Then he pointed at my shoe, as if my shoe were a duck. And I finally saw what I had smelled.

Do you see how futile it is? I clean and clean and come right behind myself filthying things up.

2 comments:

Left of Ordinary said...

ooooh.... uh, ewww.
Sorry, that's.... 'crappy'. :)
(couldn't resist)
Now may be a good time to rent a steam cleaner, or call someone in.

Laurie said...

I laughed so hard when I read this. Little nuggets sometimes escape Indie's diaper too.

Also laughed because I feel much more like a janitor, less like Mom.