Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers day and the fallout

I should have written about the lovely day we had yesterday, yesterday.
I will try to re-cap, although the rosiness may be tainted as I am having a hellish day that started all too early with an hour long tantrum from S that 1/2 a bottle of lotion on her hand (her very small hand that didn't need any lotion in my opinion much less half a bottle) wasn't enough. I said no more lotion. That's all it took. Before coffee. No fair.

Anyway. Yesterday. I woke up with everyone in bed with us. H had woken up in the middle of the night scared because the wind had blown her door shut. I had been thinking I hadn't slept next to her in a while and was kind of missing it, so when she asked if she could come into bed with J and I, I scooped her up and brought her in. S woke up earlyish and being that she wakes up the way I do (very slowly and begrudgingly) shes always game to lie down a little longer. Ruby, Mayo, Maxi, well they started in bed and never left. When the girls got restless, J got up with them, and I slept until 8:23. I know that's precise, but I was enjoying every minute of it. Its been ages since I've slept past 7. In fact 7 is the new sleeping in. 8:23 is just decadent. Check this out, I came down stairs and everyone sprang into action. H had set the table, she gave everyone but me a small plate. I had a regular sized queenly plate. J poured me a cup of coffee and started making eggs and toast.

After breakfast H and S gave me some beautiful pictures they drew, and J, H and S gave me some earrings that are mother of pearl hearts. J said H was adamant about the earrings and would take no substitutions. They are beautiful. I am more impressed and a little scared by the fact that H was able to keep the earrings a secret for a week.

After meeting we went to Baja Fresh for the 'most favorite burrito' even though it was mothers day and not H's day. I did have some great fish tacos. And I also spent a large part of our lunch time in the bathroom, because I forget every time: as much as H loves apple juice, it does not so much love her. And S came too, well, because she can demand to sit on the potty.

After lunch we dropped off J and S to nap and H and I went to get some plants. H of course had to use the bathroom (damn apple juice) but plants make me happy.

H and I got home and I did some speed gardening- mainly weeding, before we all headed to my grandmothers house for dinner. In addition to the absolute beauty of not having to think of what to have for dinner or having to make it, I got to climb the apple tree in the back yard with H. I probably first climbed that tree when I was about H's age. I was really fun to be up in that tree with her. Even though I was freezing, wearing a dress and it took me a minute to remember how to get down.

All in all, a great day. That makes days like today worth it.

No comments: