Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hair cut

I took H and S to get their hair cut the other day.

I hadn't planned to get S's hair cut, but she wanted to, and I was in a charitable mood. Her cut was the easiest 12 bucks the hair guy ever made. And I tipped him pretty well on top of it because he didn't laugh at me as I held my hand under his sissors to catch the quarter inch dusts of S's hair that was drifting to the floor, while yammering about it being S's first haircut.

We usually go to the salon in my kitchen. I'm not sure what got into me. Its the kindergarten thing again, I think. Everything has to be official.


S. Not smiling. Don't tell me what to do. Thats her motto.

When I showed J these pictures, he asked where the pictures of H's haircut were. Oh. Right. Well, it wasn't her first haircut, I didn't document. So, here are some pictures from H's first haircut a year ago:




Look how sappy I am, witnessing the first haircut.

1 comment:

Left of Ordinary said...

S looks sooo baby-like sitting on your lap in the last photo and then so HUGE and BIG GIRL like in the hair cut photos. Wah. She's not allowed to grow up.